Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Jamaica World Music Festival, Montego Bay, Jamaica, 11-27-1982, Part 2: Joe Jackson

The second act on the third day of the 1982 Jamaica World Music Festival was Joe Jackson.

In June 1982, Jackson released the studio album "Night and Day." It turned out to be the most commercially successful album of his long music career. So he was probably at the height of his popularity when he performed at this festival.

Not surprisingly, he played songs from his latest album: "Steppin' Out," "Another World," and "A Slow Song." There's some other key songs of his that he apparently didn't play, including from that album. That makes me wonder if this in fact is the full set. I do know some of the other sets from the festival were missing songs, but I haven't seen any definitive setlists from the festival, so I don't know if this is complete or not.

As an aside, I wanted to post a 1982 BBC album from him, but I wasn't able to do the copyright violation issues. (Another album I posted from the exact same source was banned.) This is a fairly good substitute, since it's another 1982 concert with excellent sound quality.

This album is 45 minutes long.

17 talk (Joe Jackson)
18 On Your Radio (Joe Jackson)
19 Another World (Joe Jackson)
20 Sunday Papers (Joe Jackson)
21 Look Sharp (Joe Jackson)
22 Steppin' Out (Joe Jackson)
23 Got the Time (Joe Jackson)
24 talk (Joe Jackson)
25 A Slow Song (Joe Jackson)
26 talk (Joe Jackson)
27 I'm the Man (Joe Jackson)
28 talk (Joe Jackson)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16411117/VA-JmicaWrldMsicFstvlMntgoByJmica__11-27-1982Prt02JoJcksn_atse.zip.html

I couldn't find any good photos of Jackson at this festival. So instead I'm using a photo of him at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, Illinois, on September 24, 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment