Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren - Sunday Mornings with Elle & Toni, Volume 12: 2021

I have been gradually catching up to the present day with this "Sunday Mornings" series of Elle Cordova and Toni Lindgren performing acoustic cover songs. I'm not fully caught up yet, but I'm getting close. If you've missed this series until now, it's never too late to join in.

As I've mentioned with previous volumes, one thing I like out of this series is how they mix doing covers of famous songs with little known but still high quality songs, so I get to learn new songs through them. For instance, I otherwise never would have heard of "Come Back Home," originally done by Trampled by Turtles. But in this album, the rarity that really impressed me is "I'm Gonna Be an Engineer," originally written by Peggy Seeger, sister of Pete Seeger. It's probably the best song about sexism that I've ever heard.

This album is 45 minutes long.

Here's a list of the original artists for each song:

01 Right Down the Line - Gerry Rafferty
02 The Lucky One - Alison Krauss
03 First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes
04 Raglan Road - Luke Kelly & the Dubliners
05 Sleep Walk [Instrumental] - Santo & Johnny
06 Demon in Disguise - David Bromberg
07 Romeo's Tune - Steve Forbert
08 Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up - Garth Brooks
09 Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
10 I'm Gonna Be an Engineer - Peggy Seeger
11 Come Back Home - Trampled by Turtles
12 Not Fade Away - Buddy Holly
13 Sweet Dreams [Are Made of This] - Eurymithics

And here's the usual song list:

01 Right Down the Line (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
02 The Lucky One (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
03 First Day of My Life (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
04 Raglan Road (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
05 Sleep Walk [Instrumental] (Toni Lindgren)
06 Demon in Disguise (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
07 Romeo's Tune (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
08 Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
09 Don't Dream It's Over (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
10 I'm Gonna Be an Engineer (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
11 Come Back Home (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
12 Not Fade Away (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
13 Sweet Dreams [Are Made of This] (Elle Cordova, Toni Lindgren & Josh Turner)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16534107/ELLECRDVATNILINDRN2021aSndyMrnngswthEllTniVlum12_atse.zip.html

The cover photo is a screen of the duo playing the song "Don't Dream It's Over," featured here.

5 comments:

  1. Just went to Youtube and watched Reina do the Engineer song. Quite brilliant! Thanks for the tip.
    Peggy was Pete's sister, not his wife. She was married to Ewan McColl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out. I just fixed it in the text.
      And by the way, watching that video, I got a kick from how Reina wore the "Rosie the Riveter" red bandana on her head. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Paul, I'd like to hear the rest of these Volumes but the majority of the links have expired. Only number 11 is available, out of the others. Thanks for your help in advance, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very impressive, thanks for being so quick

    ReplyDelete