Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Petersens - Home Concerts 2, Branson, MO, 4-24-2020 to 5-15-2020

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a collection of home concerts from the Petersens. You should read that post for more information about them. Basically, they're a family band that I like simply because they're very talented. Technically you could say the play "bluegrass," but I see it more as acoustic roots music, since they do all sorts of genres.

That other album I posted mainly consisted of one home concert, with a bunch of other songs performed here and there to flesh it out. This one gathers up the rest of the home concert material I've found that they've done during the coronavirus pandemic lockdown so far. It's about evenly split between two home concerts.

I've included all the songs they played during those two concerts. However, I've edited out some of the banter between songs if I felt it didn't have much replay value. Most of the stuff I cut was promotional in nature. I also edited some things to help make it sound like one long concert instead of two short ones.

The band is an overtly Christian one. They perform a fair number of religious songs as part of their repertoire. That has a limited appeal, and it doesn't appeal to me very much. For this album, they do three Christian songs: "Beaulah Land," "Prodigal Son," and "Father Along." However, they chose well, because those are really good songs that just happen to have religious themes to them. (By the way, the Byrds also did a very nice version of "Father Along.")

The Petersens do some original songs of their own. However, for home concerts like these, they've been very sparing with those. I believe only the first two songs here are originals. In my opinion, they hold their own with the classic covers they do.

This band certainly isn't "cutting edge" in any sense. They just play great "Americana" songs really well. If you've never heard them, and you probably haven't, I suggest you take a chance and give them a listen.

01 talk (Petersens)
02 No Roots (Petersens)
03 talk (Petersens)
04 California (Petersens)
05 talk (Petersens)
06 Gentle on My Mind (Petersens)
07 talk (Petersens)
08 Beulah Land (Petersens)
09 talk (Petersens)
10 Jolene (Petersens)
11 Shenandoah (Petersens)
12 talk (Petersens)
13 Blue (Petersens)
14 talk (Petersens)
15 Fields of Gold (Petersens)
16 talk (Petersens)
17 Prodigal Son (Petersens)
18 talk (Petersens)
19 Farther Along (Petersens)
20 talk (Petersens)
21 Carolina in the Pines (Petersens)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15328493/TPetersns_2020_HmeConcrts2BransnMO__4-24-2020_to_5-15-2020_atse.zip.html

The cover art is a screenshot taken from one of their home concerts. The four people seen are all siblings. Their mother is behind them playing stand-up bass. (You can see the bass, but not much of her.) There's another band member playing lead guitar who isn't a part of the family, but he was standing too far for the side for me to be able to include him.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. The Petersens are very talented and have become a favorite. Of course, I appreciate your time & effort.

    ReplyDelete