Friday, July 31, 2020

Norah Jones - Home Concerts 6, New York City, 6-12-2020 to 6-22-2020

Here's the next in a long series of Norah Jones home concerts. She continues to play about four songs a week in this format. May she keep it up forever! ;)

There's not much to say for this one. If you liked the previous five home concert albums of hers I've posted, you'll like this one too. The sound is perfectly good except for one thing: for many of these songs, the vocals are rather low in the mix. She's on piano for this, and I'm guessing that she kept her face too far from the microphone. But that's just a minor blemish.

Most of the songs are from her most recent album, or previous albums. But there's one very off the wall cover: "Song of the Highest Tower." This was first done by the Cut Worms in 2018. As usual, Jones makes the song her own.

By the way, I want to keep posting more of Jones's home concerts, and I will, but I've run into a snag. While I was on vacation earlier this month (July 10th), she gave a mini-concert that I missed. Instead of posting her performance on her YouTube channel, as usual, she gave a concert for "Amazon Live." She played four songs: "To Live," "Flame Twin," "I'm Alive," and "It's Gonna Be." Unfortunately, it seems Amazon only had this up for a few days, and it has since disappeared. If you have a recording of this show, please let me know so I can keep posting without having a big gap.

This album is 45 minutes long.

01 To Live (Norah Jones)
02 Hurts to Be Alone (Norah Jones)
03 Heartbroken Day After (Norah Jones)
04 I'm Alive (Norah Jones)
05 What Am I to You (Norah Jones)
06 After the Fall (Norah Jones)
07 Stumble on My Way (Norah Jones)
08 talk (Norah Jones)
09 Song of the Highest Tower (Norah Jones)
10 talk (Norah Jones)
11 Those Sweet Words (Norah Jones)
12 Thinking about You (Norah Jones)
13 talk (Norah Jones)
 

For the album cover, I took a screenshot from the first home concert here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paul did you get the 4 Amazon Live tracks yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, no. Do you have them?

      Delete
    2. yes i have them not sure how to send to you.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete