Saturday, October 5, 2024

David Bowie - VH-1 Storytellers, Manhattan Center, New York City, 8-23-1999

Here we are with the very last "VH-1 Storytellers" album I plan on posting.

My goal was to post only episodes that haven't been released as albums. I'm breaking that rule here because this one has been posted as an album (and as a DVD). But the reason I'm posting this is because the album had some problems which I believe I've fixed. 

The album only had eight songs, with banter between them, plus four bonus tracks at the end without banter. Also, one song that was played, "The Pretty Things Are Going to Hell," wasn't included at all. So I'm including the missing song. I also made some changes to make the bonus tracks fit better into the full concert. I didn't have the extra banter that presumably went with them. But I moved one song ("Always Crashing in the Same Car") to a spot earlier in the concert where it fit well with some banter to precede it there. And I made a couple other minor adjustments to make things flow better in a way that made logical sense to me. In the end, this isn't drastically different or enlarged, but I think it's a better listen.

I have a few more final notes about this Storytellers series. One is that there were a few other Storytellers episodes I didn't include because they have been officially released, and I didn't see any way to noticeably improve them. In particular, these ones are interesting:

Ringo Starr
Billy Idol
Counting Crows
Culture Club
Meat Loaf

Futhermore, as I previously mentioned, there are a few more episodes I would like to post, but I can't find the full audio for them. If any of them do show up, I will post them. If you have one or more, please pass them on to me. Those are:

Lyle Lovett
Shawn Colvin
Cee-Lo Green
Death Cab for Cutie
Ray LaMontagne
Jason Mraz
Grace Potter

On top of that, I have to admit there are still more episodes I didn't post because I didn't like these artists enough. Besides, most of them aren't available anyway. Those are: Hanson, Tony Bennett and the Backstreet Boys (together, strangely enough), Wyclef Jean and Friends, Train and Fuel (a shared episode), Jay Z, Mary J. Blige, Snoop Dogg, Kid Rock, Kanye West, Christina Aguilera, Infant Sorrow, T.I., Maxwell, Jill Scott, and Alicia Keys.

I believe I posted 63 episodes at the blog. If you add up the others mentioned above that aren't posted here for one reason or another, it comes to about 90 episodes, give or take one or two.

This album is an hour and eight minutes long.

01 talk (David Bowie)
02 Life on Mars (David Bowie)
03 talk (David Bowie)
04 Rebel Rebel (David Bowie)
05 talk (David Bowie)
06 Thursday's Child (David Bowie)
07 talk (David Bowie)
08 Can't Help Thinking about Me (David Bowie)
09 talk (David Bowie)
10 Always Crashing in the Same Car (David Bowie)
11 talk (David Bowie)
12 China Girl (David Bowie)
13 talk (David Bowie)
14 Seven (David Bowie)
15 talk (David Bowie)
16 Drive-In Saturday (David Bowie)
17 talk (David Bowie)
18 Word on a Wing (David Bowie)
19 Survive (David Bowie)
20 I Can't Read (David Bowie)
21 talk (David Bowie)
22 If I'm Dreaming My Life (David Bowie)
23 The Pretty Things Are Going to Hell (David Bowie)

https://www.upload.ee/files/17195338/DAVDBWE1999StrytllrsMnhttnCntrNwYrkC__8-23-1999_atse.zip.html

alternate:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/RmhNNGzw

The cover image is from this exact concert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment