Sunday, August 13, 2023

Sinead O'Connor - BBC Sessions, Volume 2: In Concert, Glastonbury Festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, Britain, 6-23-1995

I recently posted a 1990 Sinead O'Connor BBC concert to mark her recent death (as I write this in August 2023). That was the first of two BBC concerts she did that I found. Here's the other one, from 1995. 

This one is from the annual big Glastonbury Festival in Britain, which is usually broadcast by the BBC. She played the festival again in 2008 and 2013. I haven't found the audio of her performances from those years, but if you have them please pass them on to me, so I can post them here.

O'Connor's popularity plummeted in 1992 after she tore up a photo of the Pope on a TV show, to protest sexual abuse by Catholic priests. (In my opinion she would later be vindicated as more and more shocking evidence of such abuse came to light.) She bounced back somewhat with her 1994 album "Universal Mother." She was still promoting that album at the time of this concert, so many of the songs come from that. She notably did not perform her massive hit "Nothing Compares 2 U," although she did play a few songs from her earlier albums.

The lead vocals were a bit low in the mix, so I boosted them using the UVR5 audio editing program. Otherwise, the sound quality is excellent.

This album is 56 minutes long.

01 The Emperor's New Clothes (Sinead O'Connor)
02 Famine (Sinead O'Connor)
03 The Thief of Your Heart (Sinead O'Connor)
04 John, I Love You (Sinead O'Connor)
05 My Love (Sinead O'Connor)
06 talk (Sinead O'Connor)
07 Red Football (Sinead O'Connor)
08 The Last Day of Our Acquaintance (Sinead O'Connor)
09 I Am Stretched on Your Grave (Sinead O'Connor)
10 Thank You for Hearing Me (Sinead O'Connor)
11 Fire on Babylon (Sinead O'Connor)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15571281/SineadOC_1995_BBSessionsVolum2InConcrtGlastonbryFestivlBrtain__6-23-1995.zip.html

The cover photo comes from this exact concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment