Thursday, March 3, 2022

Tom Jones - This Is Tom Jones, Volume 2 (1969)

Here's a quick recap: from 1969 to 1971, Tom Jones was the host of a British TV show called "This Is Tom Jones." He sang several songs each episode, and also had musical guests who sang songs, plus he typically sang duets with the guests. This means there's a musical treasure trove of performances, all of which remain unreleased on record (though some have been released on DVD). I've found enough for six albums, though there's many more performances I've been unable to find.

As with the other volumes in this series, it's the duets that I think makes this most interesting. For this album, he sang with Salena Jones, Fran Jeffries, Cher, Stevie Wonder, and Sammy Davis, Jr. On later volumes, the number of duets will be even larger.

In terms of sound quality, all the albums in this series are about the same. Some of this is sourced from DVD and the rest is from YouTube videos. The DVD material sounds better. But I didn't use any YouTube songs that sounded dodgy.

This album is 46 minutes long.

01 That Old Black Magic (Tom Jones & Salena Jones)
02 When I Fall in Love (Tom Jones)
03 Hello Young Lovers (Tom Jones)
04 Baby, You've Got What It Takes (Tom Jones & Fran Jeffries)
05 Shake (Tom Jones)
06 Turn On Your Love Light (Tom Jones)
07 Lucille (Tom Jones)
08 The Beat Goes On (Tom Jones & Cher)
09 A Place in the Sun - Uptight [Everything's Alright] - Nothing's Too Good for My Baby - It's Not Unusual (Tom Jones & Stevie Wonder)
10 Autumn Leaves (Tom Jones)
11 See Saw (Tom Jones)
12 What the World Needs Now (Tom Jones & Sammy Davis, Jr.)
13 You're Nobody Til Somebody Loves You & I Got a Woman (Tom Jones & Sammy Davis, Jr.)
14 Love Me Tonight (Tom Jones)
15 I'll Never Fall in Love Again (Tom Jones)

https://www.imagenetz.de/dLVGU

As I mentioned with Volume 1, for the album covers in this series, I thought it would be more interesting to show Tom Jones singing duets instead of him alone. So here he is with Stevie Wonder, when they sang the four song medley included here.

2 comments:

  1. Great series, but you forgot the Tom Jones label on this one. When I clicked on "Tom Jones" I got parts 1, 3 and 4 of this series, but not this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isto é uma obra prima parabéns pela postagem

    ReplyDelete