Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Eric Clapton - Going Down Slow - Non-Album Tracks (1996-1998)

Recently, I decided to make a renewed effort to post more of my non-album tracks albums. I have a lot of these I made a long time ago. I tend to forget about posting them though because I get distracted by other music that's newer to me. As an example, I have several more of these albums for Eric Clapton's long career. So far, I've posted albums up until 1996. Here's the next one.

The main thing that happened musically to Clapton during the 1996 to 1998 time period is he released his studio album "Pilgrim" in 1998. I've already posted an alternate version of that one that cuts down on the overproduction that troubled it. 

There's one track here that later ended up as a bonus track on the "Pilgrim" album: "Theme from a Movie that Never Happened." However, it's an acoustic instrumental that doesn't have much in common with that album. Most of the other songs here are instrumentals or blues, or both.

"Rock Me Baby" is a duet with B.B. King from one of King's studio albums. "Angelica" and "What Else" come from a studio album as well. The rest are unreleased. Most of those are from concert bootlegs. See the mp3 tags for further details about sourcing.

This album is 46 minutes long.

01 Roberta (Eric Clapton with Dr. John)
02 St James Infirmary (Eric Clapton & Dr. John)
03 Ruthie [Instrumental] (Eric Clapton & Legends)
04 Rock Me Baby (B. B. King & Eric Clapton)
05 I Got You [I Feel Good] [Instrumental] (Eric Clapton & Legends)
06 I Hardly Ever Do (Eric Clapton with Alan Darby)
07 Angelica [Instrumental] (T.D.F (Eric Clapton))
08 What Else [Instrumental] (T.D.F (Eric Clapton))
09 Going Down Slow (Eric Clapton with David Sanborn)
10 Theme from a Movie that Never Happened [Instrumental] (Eric Clapton)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/VnTn2Csj

alternate:

https://bestfile.io/VwH2gxYlIaahpJc/file

The cover image is a painting by David Lloyd Glover. 

3 comments: