Oh, and as a bonus surprise, on one songs here, Dickey Betts of the Allman Brothers Band played lead guitar, and Mike Finnegan sang lead vocals.
At the time of this concert, Muldaur had recently released her album "Sweet Harmony." So naturally there are a lot of songs from that. I'm surprised though that this doesn't include her biggest hit, "Midnight at the Oasis."
The music here is unreleased. And, as I mentioned above, this seems to be a rare bootleg. I didn't find it on any of the bootleg sharing sites and services I use. However, the sound quality is excellent. It must either be a soundboard or an FM radio broadcast.
This album is an hour and three minutes long.
01 I'm a Woman (Maria Muldaur)
02 talk (Maria Muldaur)
03 Sweet Harmony (Maria Muldaur)
04 talk (Maria Muldaur)
05 Sisters and Brothers (Maria Muldaur)
06 talk (Maria Muldaur)
07 Sad Eyes (Maria Muldaur)
08 talk (Maria Muldaur)
09 My Tennessee Mountain Home (Maria Muldaur)
10 talk (Maria Muldaur)
11 Back by Fall (Maria Muldaur)
12 talk (Maria Muldaur)
13 We Just Couldn't Say Goodbye (Maria Muldaur)
14 talk (Maria Muldaur)
15 Rockin' Chair (Maria Muldaur)
16 talk (Maria Muldaur)
17 Part Time Love (Maria Muldaur with Mike Finnegan & Dickey Betts)
18 My Blues Man (Maria Muldaur)
19 I Can't Stand It (Maria Muldaur)
20 talk (Maria Muldaur)
21 As an Eagle Stireth in Her Nest (Maria Muldaur)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/AGXE9PP9
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/KVijVCV8hpGXOkD/file
The cover image is from a concert at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco, California, on November 19, 1975.

Paul, Thanks for this great concert I was there!
ReplyDeleteMichael
Interesting - do you remember if this was the full concert, or was there more? I'm curious if she played "Midnight at the Oasis" and maybe it just didn't make it to this recording.
DeleteJust checked my ticket stub I was at the 22nd show. I am not sure if she did Midnite at the Oasis. Still it was a great show.
DeleteMaybe you could post some of the music with Geoff Muldaur and her. thanks j c
ReplyDeleteI will if I come across something worth posting (like this concert, meaning sound quality, rarity, etc). But so far I haven't.
DeleteCheck out Maria's work with the Jim Kweskin Jug Band, (Jug Band Music, See Reverse Side For Title, Garden Of Joy and Jug Band Blues) that is where she first gained notice. I bought See Reverse Side For Title when it first came out, and played it to death. She was a force to be reckoned with from early on. Before Kweskin's band she was in The Even Dozen Jug Band with David Grisman and a bunch of other greats.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you've discovered Ms Muldaur, a truly great artist going way back to the 60s
ReplyDelete+ I endorse the above comments re Jim Kweskin, Geoff Muldaur and may I add Amos Garrett
The albums you've presented have all been outstanding (particularly like the one with Benny Carter)
+ you should check out her Bob Dylan covers
Like Bob and baz I recommend you checkout some of her sixties music. Thanks for this concert.
ReplyDelete