Monday, September 28, 2026

Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams State Park, Newport, RI, 8-2-2008 - Trey Anastasio

Here's another album from the 2008 Newport Folk Festival. This time, it's a set by Trey Anastasio. It's the last one I am posting from August 2, 2008. For my purposes, that was the first day of the festival, and I have a similar number from the second day. However, there actually were a few performances from August 1st. It's just that I don't have the music from any of those.

Trey Anastasio is the lead singer, lead guitarist, and main songwriter for the band Phish. Up until the time of this concert, Anastasio spent most of his time with Phish. They released 11 studio albums up until 2008. But he also released six solo studio albums in that time. However, he rarely performed concerts as a solo act. For instance, according to the setlist.fm database, he did no more than four solo concert appearances in any year up to and including 2008. So this was a pretty rare solo acoustic concert for him.

Here is his Wikipedia entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trey_Anastasio 

He mostly played Phish songs here. But five songs, "Let Me Lie," "If I Could Be a Sailor," "Sleep Again," "Peggy," and "Shine," were from solo projects. Two of those,  "If I Could Be a Sailor" and "Peggy," were performed in public for the first time at this concert. 

This album is 55 minutes long.

01 Brian and Robert (Trey Anastasio)
02 Farmhouse (Trey Anastasio)
03 talk (Trey Anastasio)
04 Water in the Sky (Trey Anastasio)
05 Let Me Lie (Trey Anastasio)
06 Bouncing Around the Room (Trey Anastasio)
07 Heavy Things (Trey Anastasio)
08 talk (Trey Anastasio)
09 If I Could be a Sailor (Trey Anastasio)
10 Mountains in the Mist (Trey Anastasio)
11 Sleep Again (Trey Anastasio)
12 Back on the Train (Trey Anastasio)
13 Peggy (Trey Anastasio)
14 Waste (Trey Anastasio)
15 Shine (Trey Anastasio)
16 Bathtub Gin (Trey Anastasio)
17 Wilson (Trey Anastasio)
18 Sample in a Jar (Trey Anastasio)
19 Chalk Dust Torture (Trey Anastasio)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/72RK7mZs

alternate:

https://bestfile.io/en/pZWVAmldtVUnRpn/file

The cover image is from this exact concert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment