Monday, September 28, 2026

Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams State Park, Newport, RI, 8-3-2008 - Calexico

Here's another album from the 2008 Newport Folk Festival. This time, it's a set by the band Calexico. Keep in mind I don't know the order of appearance of most of the musical acts, so these are being posted in no special order, other than the festival dates. This is the second one I'm posting of the third day of the festival.

This is the first album I've posted by Calexico. But I've also promised myself to keep the write-ups for these festivals short, so here's their Wikipedia page if you want to know more:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calexico_(band)

All the songs are originals, with the exceptions of "Alone Again Or" by Love and "Goin' to Acapulco," by Bob Dylan and the Band. For the latter, they were joined by Jim James, the lead vocalist for My Morning Jacket.

This album is 54 minutes long.

01 All the Pretty Horses - Frontera - Trigger (Calexico)
02 talk (Calexico)
03 Across the Wire (Calexico)
04 talk (Calexico)
05 Not Even Stevie Nicks (Calexico)
06 Woven Birds (Calexico)
07 talk (Calexico)
08 Two Silver Trees (Calexico)
09 talk (Calexico)
10 Inspiracion (Calexico)
11 Slowness (Calexico)
12 Alone Again Or (Calexico)
13 talk (Calexico)
14 Going to Acapulco (Calexico with Jim James)
15 talk (Calexico)
16 Crystal Frontier (Calexico)
17 Guero Canelo (Calexico)
18 talk by emcee (Calexico)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/j7eJ2Whg

alternate:

https://bestfile.io/en/juASJN9hiTmKzRV/file

The cover image is from this exact concert. It shows most, but not all, of the band members. 

4 comments:

  1. Calexico, with Jim James singing, performing "Going To Acapulco" was one of the best scenes in "I'm Not There", the Dylan-centric film from the year before this concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite bands so thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete